Thursday 29 March 2007

Does pain have a colour?

I think my pain is white. I have never been in this much pain without something having to be removed or expelled. Labour was the last time. The doctor thinks it could be my appendix, but on the other hand it could be a virus. He's given me some strong pain killers with lots of codeine in them, that act like a chemical cosh, and for the first time in days I have had some sleep, but then the drug wears off and the pain kicks right back in again. It's hard to see that this is going anywhere I want to be. Certainly not to Lille. I packed my pink bag this morning in case it's an emergency dash to the hospital.

Life is extraordinarily simple at the moment. I am quite alone here in my rented farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing I can do, no work, no social life, no cooking, driving, cleaning. I'm suspended, waiting for something to happen. For things to resolve.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, poor you. I do sympathise. I hope you feel better soon. (It couldn't be anything to do with your ovaries, could it? You could ask.)

    If you want to talk about ADHD at all, I know a bit about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you're not feeling well...and on the verge of your getaway too. How disappointing it must be for you. How long is the doctor keeping you on the medication before he takes the next step of finding out what is wrong? I hope not too long because it could be any number of things. I guess with the proper diagnosis will come the proper step for making you better.

    Keep eating of course...just very light foods as to not make you feel more sick. Hope this subsides real soon. Keep on the doctor to find out exactly what is wrong if this doesn't go away soon. Hopefully you can postpone your trip because you deserve to get a way for a bit. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the advice and concern. I will re-book when everything clears up and when I can create a window. Strangely enough, I've been quite enjoying living in the vacuum that my illness has created - much as I enjoy writing about my life into a vacuum. Now I know people are reading ...

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are fun and I love to know you have visited and what you think so please say hello.