Monday 20 May 2013

The Other Woman

The words don't come any more. They don't flow, help me paint the pictures in my head, rummage through the corners of my mind.

There are so many versions of my son's wedding day, so many ways to record and remember it and although it was a happy day and I am so pleased for him that it all went so well and he has found the woman he loves and who will share his life, still it was a difficult day for me. 


She was there too, you see.  The other woman in my marriage, my nemesis, the alternative version of me, of my family and for the very first time in all the years since it happened, the break-up of my family, I had to confront this. I couldn't just look away. She will always be there.


Of course, we have all moved on. My children have found some sort of balance in their lives and I too have a new life, a new family, people I care deeply about and yet the heartbreak is always there, just beneath the surface, waiting to trip me up. The challenge is, has always been, making the best of what is, try and find the best version of myself, of my life.  


But I'm struggling now.

4 comments:

  1. The day must have been bittersweet for you. I'm so sorry you're hurting

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked lovely on that day, and I"m sure that your son must have been very grateful and happy to look over, or across a room and see you there. I'm sorry that you're having a struggle right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do feel for you.....I have experienced the very same situation....When each of my three children married, the reminder was there. This feeling will pass. Soon, all you will remember is your son's beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are fun and I love to know you have visited and what you think so please say hello.